Smithfield Town Hall
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the directions to Town Hall?
From Rt. 295, take exit 7-A (Centerdale) onto Putnam Pike (Rt.44 east). Take a left at the 1st traffic light onto Esmond Street and follow through one stop sign to the end. Take a left onto Farnum Pike (Rt.104) for approximately ½ mile. Town Hall is located on the left next to the Georgiaville Fire Station and across from the Smithfield School Administration Building. See the map below for detailed driving directions.
Is there free parking at Town Hall?
Yes. There are two free parking areas, one just behind the Town Hall and one across the street next to the school administration building.
When is the Town Hall open?
Smithfield Town Hall is open Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm, except for holidays.
On what holidays is the Town Hall Closed? (All Town Hall closings are noted on the Town Calendar.)
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (third Monday in January)
- Presidents Day (third Monday in February)
- Good Friday – close at noon (date varies)
- Rhode Island Independence Day (May 4)
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Victory Day (second Monday in August)
- Labor Day (first Monday in September)
- Columbus Day (second Monday in October)
- Veterans Day (November 11)
- Thanksgiving Day (fourth Thursday in November)
- Day After Thanksgiving (Friday following fourth Thursday in November)
- Christmas Eve (December 24) close at noon
- Christmas Day (December 25)
Rules for holidays that fall on a weekend day: In the event that a listed holiday falls on a Saturday, Town Hall will be closed on the preceding Friday. If the listed holiday falls on a Sunday, Town Hall will be closed on the following Monday.
There is Laptop Computer Projection System in the Town Council Chambers
Town Council Chamber’s Presentation Policy
For presentations in the Town Council Chambers, you must:
• Inform the Town Manager’s Assistant for a presentation at a Town Council Meeting or the Chairperson of a Board or Commission for their respective meeting.
• Email the Town’s MIS Administrator (Bill Pilkington) at least 24 hours prior to the presentation in case of questions.
• All presentations must be made from the Town-provided laptop which will accept either a CD or USB flash thumb drive.
• Arrive early the day of the presentation to review any necessary instructions.