Fall is coming to a close and Winter is on its way! Time for snowshoeing, hot cocoa and the possibility of snow! In hopes of ensuring on time and efficient collection, we have a few basic reminders and tips for preventing issues with Recycling and Trash collection this upcoming season:
- When snow is predicted to fall during the overnight hours, please wait until early morning to put out your recycling and trash carts so that plow trucks can efficiently clean snow during the overnight hours.
- Please have your carts out by 6:00 am and be sure to properly space them 3 feet apart and 4 feet from other obstacles such as snow banks, cars, poles and mailboxes.
- Try to place carts in the end of the driveway or as close to the curb as possible.
- Please do not place carts on top of snow banks.
- Please bring empty carts in as soon as possible to allow plow trucks to complete access to roadways.
By following these basic guidelines, you can help ensure proper collection of your recycling and trash this upcoming season. Thank you for helping Smithfield reduce, reuse and recycle!