Smithfield Recreational Activities
Town Summer Programs
- Recreation Playground Program – Ages 6 to 12
- The summer youth activity programs for children ages 6 to 12 the program is held Monday thru Friday starting at the end of June for 7 weeks. The programs are held at Gallagher Middle School starting each day from 8am to 3:00pm. Programming includes the following: field trips, games, arts & crafts and various athletic activities. A registration fee is charged for this program.
- Tennis Lessons – All Ages
- Tennis lessons are taught for boys, girls and adults and all sessions are held Monday thru Friday starting at the end of June for 7 weeks. All ages and levels of ability are welcome to participate. A registration fee is charged for this program.
- Adult Men’s and Women’s Tennis League – Ages 18 and Older
- For Men and Women who are residents of the Town of Smithfield. Players are grouped according to ability. League play will begin the first week of June and will end with a tournament on the last weekend of July. A registration fee is charged for this program.
- Men’s Recreational Softball League – Ages 35 and Older
- Adult men’s softball is open to individuals from age 35 and up. League play is Sunday mornings from end of May to early Sept. Six teams of 18 individuals play two games each Sunday. Individuals are at own risk for injury. A registration fee is charged for this program.
Town Winter Programs
- Adult Men’s Sunday Morning Basketball – Ages 35 and Older
- Full court pick-up basketball for adult men of all ages held at Old County Road School Gymnasium every Sunday morning from 9am – 11:30am starting the last Sunday in October to the last Sunday in March.