The following organizations will help you find a home for goods that are still useable:
- The Reuse Marketplace is a free service provided by the Rhode Island Resource Recovery Corporation (RIRRC ). The service is designed to help businesses find markets for non-hazardous materials that have been traditionally discarded.
- The Salvation Army: 401-421-5270;
- Goodwill: 861-2080;
- Craig’s List is a free classified advertising service dedicated to designated geographic areas.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Ocean State (401) 921-2434,, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Are there organizations that can reuse my “heavy-items”?
Yes. Try these organizations
- The RI Donation Exchange Program: 831-5511
- The Salvation Army: 421-5270;
- Goodwill: 861-2080.
Posted in: Recycling Questions & Answers