Residential yard includes leaves, grass cuttings, shrubbery, brush and branches 3 inches in diameter or less. The following set-out rules apply:
- Yard waste is collected weekly from the first week in April through the end of May; Semi-weekly June through October; and weekly November through the first week in December. Yard waste is collected on your regular trash day on a route separate from the trash and recycling.
- Yard waste must be placed at the curb no later than 5:30 am on your regular day of collection.
- Yard waste must be placed in paper bags, or uncovered trash barrels labeled “Yard Waste.”
- Branches and brush must be cut in lengths of 3 feet, bundled and tied.
- Milled lumber is not accepted.
- A maximum of 12 bags or barrels of yard waste and trash combined are accepted per household each week.
- Call the Highway Department at 233-1034 ext 105 for details.
YES. All residents are limited to 384 gallons of both household and yard waste per week which equates to 12 32-gallon barrels, or bags. However, the town attempts to make concessions during the spring and fall leaf season and we ask that you do the same by spacing out your leaves over several weeks. — REMEMBER! YARD WASTE MUST BE IN BROWN PAPER BAGS TO RECEIVE COLLECTION!
Posted in: Recycling Questions & Answers