Town of Smithfield Employment
~ The Town of Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (E.O.E.) ~
Please indicate on all correspondence which position you are applying for.
Lifeguards: The Town of Smithfield is currently accepting applications for temporary, seasonal, lifeguard positions. Must be non-surf certified and have valid CPR & first aid cards at time of appointment. Beach hours are 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., seven days a week, weather permitting, from mid -June to Labor Day. A rotating schedule is used. Must possess a valid driver’s license. Rate is $12.00 per hour. Applications available in printable .pdf below or at the Smithfield Town Hall, 2nd fl. HR Dept. 64 Farnum Pike, Smithfield, RI 02917. E.O.E.
Lifeguard Job Description (.pdf)If you need training, lifeguard training is being conducted in February at the Smithfield YMCA. Students completing this lifeguard training program are eligible to apply to the Town of Smithfield beaches and /or YMCA for spring & summer employment. Don’t delay, call Shauna Lewis at the YMCA- 949-2480 ext. 102 for more information on lifeguard training.
- Applications are available at the Human Resources Office and the Town Manager’s Office in Town Hall during regular businesses hours. You may also download an application in PDF format by clicking here: Application For Employment. You will need Adobe Reader to open & print this document. If you do not have Adobe Reader, it is free, and available online at www.adobe.com.
- Email: You may e-mail your résumé to email@example.com. Résumés should be in one of the following formats: all versions of Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx); text format: (.txt), portable document format (.pdf) or rich text format (.rtf). Please include the word “Resume” and the position that you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail – many e-mails can appear to contain a virus. By using the correct subject line you are assisting us in safely receiving your resume. Please do not zip files if possible.
- Mail: Résumés may be mailed to Human Resources, Smithfield Town Hall, 64 Farnum Pike, Smithfield, RI 02917.
- Fax: Résumés may be faxed to Human Resources, Fax 401-233-1080.
- You may want to check the Human Resources page for frequently asked questions regarding employment with the Town of Smithfield or use the contact information at the top of the page.