Town of Smithfield Employment
~ The Town of Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (E.O.E.) ~
Please indicate on all correspondence which position you are applying for.
Town Manager: The Town of Smithfield, RI, (pop. 21,430) is seeking a Town Manager responsible for the daily operation of municipal government, fiscal management, capital planning, collective bargaining, procurement and management of personnel, oversight of Town departments, preparation of an annual operating budget over $69M, and other related duties, as defined in the Town Charter.
Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree, with an MPA or MBA preferred. Work experience shall consist of a minimum of five years of progressively responsible government, financial experience or equivalent as a Town Manager, Assistant Town Manager, Chief Financial Officer, or other similar related positions. This position also requires strong financial, budget and public relation skills, personnel management, a strong interest in economic development, strategic planning skills, labor-management negotiating experience, a high level of communication and interpersonal skills, effective coordination with Town boards and commissions, and the ability to build consensus with different support groups in the community. Candidates need to work closely with Council and staff to provide open, responsive and consumer-oriented service to the community and provide sound recommendations to the Town Council. Salary range is $110,000- $130,000 DOQ, with excellent benefit package.
Send resume, a list of references and a summary of significant accomplishments to the Town Manager Search Committee, c/o Smithfield Town Hall, 64 Farnum Pike, Smithfield, RI 02917 by April 7th, 2017 or until such time as the position is filled. For further information about the position and the Town of Smithfield, kindly refer to the Town Manager Recruitment Profile below. EEO Employer.
Assistant Town Engineer / Soil Erosion Officer: Full-time, non-union, salaried position. Ability to administer and enforce Town Ordinances and regulations. Responsibilities include design knowledge and experience with storm water drainage systems, sanitary sewers, water mains, soil and erosion control and road construction. Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering plus a minimum of 5 years of engineering experience; GIS knowledge; strong computer skills; and strong AutoCAD skills. E.I.T. status required. P.E. registration desired. Must possess a valid driver’s license. Salary range is $58,000 – $62,000 depending on qualifications. Excellent benefits. Forward resume to Town of Smithfield, HR Dept, 64 Farnum Pike, Smithfield, RI 02917 or email@example.com. Closing date for resume acceptance is March 31, 2017 at 4:00 pm. E.O.E.
Lifeguards: The Town of Smithfield is currently accepting applications for temporary, seasonal, lifeguard positions. Must be non-surf certified and have valid CPR & first aid cards at time of appointment. Beach hours are 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., seven days a week, weather permitting, from mid -June to Labor Day. A rotating schedule is used. Must possess a valid driver’s license. Rate is $12.00 per hour. Applications available in printable .pdf below or at the Smithfield Town Hall, 2nd fl. HR Dept. 64 Farnum Pike, Smithfield, RI 02917. E.O.E.
Lifeguard Job Description (.pdf)If you need training, lifeguard training is being conducted at the Smithfield YMCA. Students completing this lifeguard training program are eligible to apply to the Town of Smithfield beaches and /or YMCA for spring & summer employment. Don’t delay, call Shauna Lewis at the YMCA- 949-2480 ext. 102 for more information on lifeguard training.
- Applications are available at the Human Resources Office and the Town Manager’s Office in Town Hall during regular businesses hours. You may also download an application in PDF format by clicking here: Application For Employment. You will need Adobe Reader to open & print this document. If you do not have Adobe Reader, it is free, and available online at www.adobe.com.
- Email: You may e-mail your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Résumés should be in one of the following formats: all versions of Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx); text format: (.txt), portable document format (.pdf) or rich text format (.rtf). Please include the word “Resume” and the position that you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail – many e-mails can appear to contain a virus. By using the correct subject line you are assisting us in safely receiving your resume. Please do not zip files if possible.
- Mail: Résumés may be mailed to Human Resources, Smithfield Town Hall, 64 Farnum Pike, Smithfield, RI 02917.
- Fax: Résumés may be faxed to Human Resources, Fax 401-233-1080.
- You may want to check the Human Resources page for frequently asked questions regarding employment with the Town of Smithfield or use the contact information at the top of the page.