Town of Smithfield Employment
~ The Town of Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (E.O.E.) ~
Please indicate on all correspondence which position you are applying for.
Deputy Zoning Official: Building/Zoning Department: Full-time, hourly, position. Responsibilities include: enforcing and administering the Smithfield Zoning Ordinances and Code of Ordinances for both privately- owned and public governmental property, investigating zoning violations, reviewing applications for land use and development, responding to inquiries and requests regarding zoning use regulations, determining compliance with Zoning Ordinances and state /federal laws, performing site plan reviews, etc. Requires an Associate Degree and / or three to five years experience in municipal planning, building or permitting departments with demonstrated abilities in plan review, code interpretation, writing and providing assistance to the public. Must be able to understand and interpret technical and administrative regulations, prepare municipal court prosecution, attend evening meetings as required, and act as the liaison for the Zoning Board. Union position. Annual salary is $52,819.00. Applications available below or Smithfield Town Hall, HR Dept 2nd floor, 64 Farnum Pike, Smithfield, RI 02917. Closing date for application acceptance is August 12, 2016 at 4:00 pm. E.O.E.
Public Works Director: Full-time, non-union, salary position. The qualified candidate will have managerial background in all areas of public work administration, plan review, budget preparation and fiscal management. Minimum requirements include a BS degree in Civil Engineering (or related field) and a minimum of 5 years of supervisory and administrative experience in public works or related field. Possess a valid driver’s license and Microsoft Office experience. Position requires ability to work some nights, weekends, and during inclement weather conditions. Salary is approximately $80,000 depending on qualifications. Excellent benefits. Send resume to: Smithfield Town Hall, HR Dept., 64 Farnum Pike, Smithfield, RI 02917 or email@example.com. Deadline for resume submittal is Friday, August 5, 2016 at 4:00 p.m. E.O.E.
Dispatcher – Smithfield Police Department: Part-time, 3rd shift, Saturday & Sunday, 12:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. Approximately 15 hours per week, no benefits. Responsibilities include receiving citizens’ requests for assistance, providing dispatch services, deployment of police personnel/equipment, and other job related duties. Ability to work under stressful conditions with excellent verbal/written skills. Require a high school diploma or GED, Microsoft Windows proficiency and typing skills. Experience preferred. $19.66 per hour, plus a $.75 per hour, 3rd shift differential. Send resume to: Smithfield Town Hall, HR Dept., 64 Farnum Pike, Smithfield, RI 02917 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for acceptance of resumes is Friday, August 12, 2016, at 9:00 a.m. E.O.E.
- Applications are available at the Human Resources Office and the Town Manager’s Office in Town Hall during regular businesses hours. You may also download an application in PDF format by clicking here: Application For Employment. You will need Adobe Reader to open & print this document. If you do not have Adobe Reader, it is free, and available online at www.adobe.com.
- Email: You may e-mail your résumé to email@example.com. Résumés should be in one of the following formats: all versions of Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx); text format: (.txt), portable document format (.pdf) or rich text format (.rtf). Please include the word “Resume” and the position that you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail – many e-mails can appear to contain a virus. By using the correct subject line you are assisting us in safely receiving your resume. Please do not zip files if possible.
- Mail: Résumés may be mailed to Human Resources, Smithfield Town Hall, 64 Farnum Pike, Smithfield, RI 02917.
- Fax: Résumés may be faxed to Human Resources, Fax 401-233-1080.
- You may want to check the Human Resources page for frequently asked questions regarding employment with the Town of Smithfield or use the contact information at the top of the page.