Town of Smithfield Employment
~ The Town of Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (E.O.E.) ~
Please indicate on all correspondence which position you are applying for.
Recycling Coordinator: Part-time, approx. 24 hrs /wk, no benefits. Responsibilities include: coordinative and administrative support for Town recycling programs and projects, including: providing liaison with the public, schools, community groups, Town businesses and other local government agencies, developing information materials; assisting the Director in the overseeing of daily residential curbside operations, etc. Requires a high school diploma or GED. (Associate degree in business administration, public administration, environmental studies or equivalent preferred.) Three years of experience working as a recycling coordinator or in a position involving public contact with recycling or conservation programs. Knowledge of state regulations regarding solid waste management and recycling desired. Must possess of a valid driver’s license and have knowledge of Microsoft Office. Annual salary $23,000. Please forward resume to: Smithfield Town Hall, HR Dept, 64 Farnum Pike, Smithfield, RI 02917 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for acceptance of resume is Friday, March 18, 2015 at 4:00 pm. E.O.E.
Snow Plow Driver: Temporary, part-time, seasonal position available at the Department of Public Works. This is an on-call position for plowing events on an as-needed basis. Responsibilities include the operation of town-owned plow trucks with manual transmissions. Valid RI Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class B with air brake endorsement. At least three years experience as a driver w/ class B CDL preferred. At least three (3) years experience plowing snow and snow removal operations. Ability to plow and operate sander for a lengthy duration is required. Requires a high school diploma or G.E.D., Salary is $17.00 per hour. No benefits. Applications available below or at Smithfield Town Hall, HR Dept., 64 Farnum Pike, Smithfield, RI 02917. E.O.E.
- Applications are available at the Human Resources Office and the Town Manager’s Office in Town Hall during regular businesses hours. You may also download an application in PDF format by clicking here: Application For Employment. You will need Adobe Reader to open & print this document. If you do not have Adobe Reader, it is free, and available online at www.adobe.com.
- Email: You may e-mail your résumé to email@example.com. Résumés should be in one of the following formats: all versions of Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx); text format: (.txt), portable document format (.pdf) or rich text format (.rtf). Please include the word “Resume” and the position that you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail – many e-mails can appear to contain a virus. By using the correct subject line you are assisting us in safely receiving your resume. Please do not zip files if possible.
- Mail: Résumés may be mailed to Human Resources, Smithfield Town Hall, 64 Farnum Pike, Smithfield, RI 02917.
- Fax: Résumés may be faxed to Human Resources, Fax 401-233-1080.
- You may want to check the Human Resources page for frequently asked questions regarding employment with the Town of Smithfield or use the contact information at the top of the page.