Town of Smithfield Employment
~ The Town of Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (E.O.E.) ~
Please indicate on all correspondence which position you are applying for.
Driver: Temporary, part-time, seasonal position available at the Department of Public Works. This is an on-call position for plowing events on an as-needed basis. Responsibilities include the operation of town-owned plow trucks with manual transmissions. Valid RI Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class B with air brake endorsement. At least three years experience as a driver w/ class B CDL preferred. At least three (3) years experience plowing snow and snow removal operations. Ability to plow and operate a sander for a lengthy duration is required. Requires a high school diploma or G.E.D., Salary is $17.00 per hour. No benefits. Applications available below or at Smithfield Town Hall, HR Dept., 64 Farnum Pike, Smithfield, RI 02917. E.O.E.
Van Driver (Substitute): As-needed basis, non-union, hourly, position. No benefits. Responsibilities include: safely operating a van to pick up and discharge senior and handicapped passengers; performing other related recreation, maintenance and clerical work. Requires a high school diploma or G.E.D.; a valid CDL-B operator’s license with passenger endorsement and medical card in accordance with federal & state regulations. Hourly rate of $13.00.
Applications are available below in .pdf or at Smithfield Town Hall, HR Office, 2nd fl, 64 Farnum Pike, Smithfield, RI 02917. E.O.E.
Van Driver Job Description (.pdf)
Lifeguards: The Town of Smithfield is accepting applications for temporary, seasonal, lifeguard positions.
Must be non-surf certified and have valid CPR & first aid cards at time of appointment. Beach hours are 11 a.m. – 7 p.m., seven days a week from mid June to Labor Day. A rotating schedule is used. Must possess a valid driver’s license. Rate is $11.50 per hour.
Applications are available for download below or at the Smithfield Town Hall, 2nd fl. HR Dept. 64 Farnum Pike, Smithfield, RI 02917. E.O.E.
Lifeguard Job Description (.pdf)
- Applications are available at the Human Resources Office and the Town Manager’s Office in Town Hall during regular businesses hours. You may also download an application in PDF format by clicking here: Application For Employment. You will need Adobe Reader to open & print this document. If you do not have Adobe Reader, it is free, and available online at www.adobe.com.
- Email: You may e-mail your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Résumés should be in one of the following formats: all versions of Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx); text format: (.txt), portable document format (.pdf) or rich text format (.rtf). Please include the word “Resume” and the position that you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail – many e-mails can appear to contain a virus. By using the correct subject line you are assisting us in safely receiving your resume. Please do not zip files if possible.
- Mail: Résumés may be mailed to Human Resources, Smithfield Town Hall, 64 Farnum Pike, Smithfield, RI 02917.
- Fax: Résumés may be faxed to Human Resources, Fax 401-233-1080.
- You may want to check the Human Resources page for frequently asked questions regarding employment with the Town of Smithfield or use the contact information at the top of the page.