Town of Smithfield Employment
~ The Town of Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (E.O.E.) ~
Please indicate on all correspondence which position you are applying for.
Assistant to the Welfare Director: Part time, hourly position. Hours Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri from 9:00am – 1:00pm. Responsibilities include assisting the Welfare Director with the coordination of State & Municipal Services to provide assistance to low income, eligible, local residents and other job related duties. Requires a high school diploma or G.E.D. Ability to act independently and prepare written reports. Must be able to utilize Microsoft Office, communicate clearly, exercise confidentiality and lift up to 25 lbs. Must possess a valid driver’s license. Rate is $9.00 per hour. No benefits. Applications are available below or at Smithfield Town Hall, 2nd floor, HR Dept, 64 Farnum Pike, Smithfield, RI 02917. Closing date for applications is Friday, September 5, 2014 at 4:00 p.m. E.O.E.
Alternate Crossing Guard: Smithfield Police Department: Seeking qualified applicants for the position of Alternate Crossing Guard to be utilized on a temporary, as needed basis. Rate is $15.99 per hour. No benefits. Applicants must possess a High School Diploma or G.E.D., be at least eighteen (18) years of age, and provide at least three character references. Applications available below or Monday through Friday at Smithfield Town Hall, HR Dept., 2nd floor, 64 Farnum Pike, Smithfield, RI 02917. Applications must be returned to the Smithfield Town Hall by Friday, September 5, 2014 at 4:00 p.m. E.O.E.
- Applications are available at the Human Resources Office and the Town Manager’s Office in Town Hall during regular businesses hours. You may also download an application in PDF format by clicking here: Application For Employment. You will need Adobe Reader to open & print this document. If you do not have Adobe Reader, it is free, and available online at www.adobe.com.
- Email: You may e-mail your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Résumés should be in one of the following formats: all versions of Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx); text format: (.txt), portable document format (.pdf) or rich text format (.rtf). Please include the word “Resume” and the position that you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail – many e-mails can appear to contain a virus. By using the correct subject line you are assisting us in safely receiving your resume. Please do not zip files if possible.
- Mail: Résumés may be mailed to Human Resources, Smithfield Town Hall, 64 Farnum Pike, Smithfield, RI 02917.
- Fax: Résumés may be faxed to Human Resources, Fax 401-233-1080.
- You may want to check the Human Resources page for frequently asked questions regarding employment with the Town of Smithfield or use the contact information at the top of the page.